Ivy Pool anyone?
Most nights I am exhausted come 8pm but I still really really feel the need to go out. Why? This probably has a lot to with the fact that I got married really really young (24!) and did not go out at night at all before we had kids.
So now on any given night I will go for any excuse to get out the house, Supermarket shopping, chemist anything just to break free. Not sure why this need for emancipation is so strong but yet I am dying to get out the house for a drink most nights.
Funny thing is all my single girl friends are always “too tired” to go out (PS> I have it when people without small babies tell me they’re tired, they don’t know the meaning of the word tired!)
Also, I have to go the most exclusive newest hippest places in Sydney on a Saturday night as I figure it’s a waste to go see a movie when you’re paying $20 an hour for a babysitter (that’s another Blog Post altogether!! “The Lucrative Business of Babysitting, uni students to registered nurses – how they are taking the entire market and we mothers have no choice”)
So my favourites at the moment are:
- The Ivy – the Ivy Pool in the city (Lance refuses to go back there as he can’t understand why anyone would want to pay $30 to drink out of a cup that our 2-year-old drinks out of!)
- White Revolver And Cream Tangerine (close enough to rush home if I need to b.feed the baby and come back again!)
- Ravesis – classy and close
- The Beach Road (I used to come here during the day in the summer with the babies!)
- Coles/Woolworths/Petrol Station/Pharmacy (these are defaults for weeknights if I just need a break and change of scenery)
Last Sat night we went to Icebergs – have a thirty something B-day party this sat night – can’t wait! xxx
Posted on May 25, 2010, in How to push your pram in high heels with a smile and tagged Allegation, Government of New South Wales, New South Wales, New South Wales Police Force, Security guard, Supreme Court of New South Wales, Sydney, Time in Australia. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.